Murray Pick Up Plan
2021-22 Kindergarten Registration: April 21
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-22 school year will take place on
Wednesday, April 21. Details regarding on-site registration will be shared as soon as they are finalized.
1. Review our admission requirements.
To enroll as a kindergartner for the 2021-22 school year, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2021, and reside in Albemarle County.
2. Determine your school attendance area.
Albemarle County Public Schools determines which of our 15 elementary schools your child will attend for kindergarten based on your physical (home) address.
3. Complete an online registration form.
Albemarle County Public Schools utilizes an online registration form to collect the majority of information used to enroll your child in one of our schools.
4. Present the required documentation.
The Commonwealth of Virginia and Albemarle County Public Schools requires you to provide certain required documents in order to enroll your child in kindergarten, including an original birth certificate, two proofs of residency, a certificate of immunizations signed by a doctor, and a signed doctor's physical examination report.
· For more information, call 434-296-5820. For bilingual assistance, call 434-249-0721. (Para asistencia bilingüe, llame 434-249-0721.)
· For answers to the most frequently asked questions about registering your child to attend Albemarle County Public Schools, or to find contact information for individuals who can assist with the registration process, please visit our Registration FAQs page.
· For links to additional documents and other important information that would be helpful as you prepare for your child to start school, please visit our Additional Registration Information page.
· If you are interested in learning more about EDEP, including our after-school enrichment and student holiday programs, please complete our online EDEP Interest Form.
· For assistance registering a child who was not born in the United States or speaks a language other than English, or if the documents needed for school registration were issued in a foreign country, contact the International and ESOL Office at 434-249-0721 or email Emily Elliott at email@example.com.
Box Tops and Amazon Smile
It's so easy to support Murray by what we are already doing. Scan your receipts with the Box Tops app to earn money for Murray. It's easy and quick, watch this brief video to see for yourself!
Add "V L Murray Elementary School PTO" as your current charity, and every Amazon Smile purchase will support our school.
Follow us on
Facebook and Twitter.
Find more information about the school, staff, and programs on the V.L. Murray website.
Sign up for Murray Matters newsletter to stay connected!
See our cash back programs for simple ways to support Murray with no extra cost to you.