Let's welcome our students and teachers back into the building!
With Phase 3, all families made a hard and personal choice on how to proceed with school. While not all students are returning, this new phase comes with new changes and challenges. To help boost morale and welcome those returning, we are encouraging families to decorate yard signs and place around the entrance. The "Welcome Back" letters will also be used, but a personal touch goes a long way. You could be a personal gesture to your child. If you want to participate, please have your sign out front by Tuesday, Nov 10th
Join us for a weekend playdate!
Socially distanced, outdoor, mask wearing playdates are here. These are organized by parents, not VLM and are optional. Check the schedule and we hope to see you there!
Back to school with Box Tops! Help needed!
With limited fundraising opportunities this school year, our help is needed now more than ever to support successful learning. Box Tops is an easy way to earn money for Murray and every dollar counts. The PTO is working to supply technology equipment for teachers for online learning as well as identify other support areas for families and the transition back to school when that day comes.
Here's how to help:
1) Download and use the Box Tops app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. That's it! The app finds any applicable Box Tops product and automatically credits Murray's total with your earnings. You can assign your earnings to your child's homeroom teacher by clicking on the Give Credit option after scanning. Every 3 months, we tally the homeroom totals and award the winning room the Box Tops Champs Trophy to house until our next tally.
2) If you shop online, you can email your online shopping receipt to receipts@boxtops4education.
3) All kinds of products have Box Tops so don't limit yourself to just grocery store receipts. Any store receipt can be scanned (ex. Target, Sam's, CostCo, Walmart, Staples, Office Depot, pharmacies, convenience stores, etc).
4) Not sure what products count? You'd be surprised! Larabar, Annie's, Immaculate, Lysol, PaperMate, General Mills, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Pillsbury, Nature Valley and select Ziploc, Kleenex, Hefty to name a few. For an updated product list, click here. For more information on the program, visit www.btfe.com.
4) We still accept the old style of clippable Box Tops should you run across any unexpired Tops. If you have some to turn in, email Teller Stalfort at email@example.com and we'll figure out a transfer method. Also email me any of your questions, particularly if you are new to Murray or the the Box Tops for Education program.
So, hang on to your receipts as you are shopping for Back to School supplies and scan them in the Box Tops app within 14 days of purchase. In fact, scan a receipt between now and November 25 and Murray gets entered into a $20,000 drawing! Thanks for supporting Murray!
State of the School Address
Ms. Dwier-Selden's State of the School Address for 2020
Supply Lists (2020-2021)
Based on the announcement from the school board that most students will begin virtually, teachers are updating this list. Be sure to check the update at the top of the page to see if your child's grade has been updated.
Supply Lists- Virginia L. Murray
11/11- Hybrid classes start
11/25-27- No School, Thanksgiving Holiday
Follow us on
Facebook and Twitter.
Find more information about the school, staff, and programs on the V.L. Murray website.
Sign up for Murray Matters newsletter to stay connected!
See our cash back programs for simple ways to support Murray with no extra cost to you.